Nesconset Chamber of Commerce
Century21 Castle Realty
& Norma Dispenza
Sundried Tomato Cafe & Pizzeria
Reda Time Enterprises
Sunrise Business Services
SmithtownRadio.com is a non-commercial, online radio station striving to entertain and inform the Smithtown community. Programming can be heard via computer or mobile device.
While regulations make it impossible for SmithtownRadio.com to play commercials, non-commercial stations can still partner with business entities through underwriting contracts. In return for a monetary donation or donation of goods, SmithtownRadio.com is permitted to broadcast on-air acknowledgements or thank yous for these donations. Acknowledgements will play twice an hour; once at the top with the same acknowledgment at the bottom of the hour. The acknowledgement will mention the business name and a quick summary of the business’ services.
We have established a set of guidelines to ensure that our contracts are in compliance with the standards of the non-commercial broadcasting industry.:
1. An underwriter will be identified by mention of its legal or recognized name.
2. Underwriting credits must be factual, value-neutral, and consistent with the tone and content of non-commercial programming.
3. The standard length of time allotted to an underwriting announcement is not to exceed 30 seconds.
4. Underwriting credits may include:
A description of products and services including brand names.
Location of underwriter, products and services.
A description of key or target markets.
Longstanding slogans that identify the underwriter’s business.
Holiday greetings or the celebration of a special occasion.
A telephone number, location or web site address.
5. Underwriting credits may not include:
A call to action.
Qualitative or comparative statements.
Advocacy, ambiguous or misleading statements.
Pricing information, discounts or incentives.
6. SmithtownRadio.com will not accept underwriting which supports or opposes any candidate for political office.
7. SmithtownRadio.com reserves the right to refuse underwriting that may present a conflict of interest or the perception of a conflict of interest with program content.
Underwriting prices and other general questions can be directed to General Manager James Brierton at james.brierton[at]smithtownradio[dot]com or 631-406-5291.