Emergency, utility crews respond to Main Street gas leak
Smithtown, NY (SmithtownRadio.com) – Emergency personnel and utility crews responded to a gas leak on Main Street in Smithtown Tuesday morning.
Around 10:30 a.m., the Smithtown Fire Department responded to a gas leak behind the Village Commons and Branch Shopping Center, located along Main Street near Bellemeade Drive. The leak was believed to be behind the new LA Fitness, which has been doing construction at the site after Walbaums moved out.
The Nesconset and Hauppauge fire departments, along with National Grid, also responded.
There were no reports of injuries or damages.